Friday 10 December 2010

Contents Page and Front Cover Flatplans

The first flat plan is for my front cover for my Student Magazine. I wanted to include a tag line to my magazine, because they are thought to be catchy and if people remember the tag line they will remember your magazine. Magazines use them as a way of being 'remembered' it is also a selling strategy. I will choose a tag line that fits with the theme of it being a Student Magazine and can be easily remembered. I also chose to include the college website so it was easily accessible for students. My main cover line will be the biggest and boldest font so that it catches peoples attention as will the puffs/plugs that I will also include, inside one of the shapes I will include that the magazine is free. My main photo will follow the rule of thirds and ensure that there is enough room to include my masthead and will be taken in portrait to suit the proportions of my magazine size as well as the photo being taken in medium close up. The majority of the coverlines and pull quotes (information) will be on the left third as this is a sales stragety, in the hope that it will attract peoples attention, because when magazines are put on shelves they are put so in a way that the left third is visable.


My second flat plan is for my contents page. I want my contents page to be very simple and clear so that the information will not become lost in all the text and pictures included. In the contents page I will put the page number with a short and relevant statment next to it. I will include the page numbers with the information which I believe is more likely to entice the reader to carry on looking at the magazine and read it. The font used will be clear and bold. Included in this flat plan is space for a few pictures this is so that the page is visually interesting for the reader. The photographs used will be taken around the college and of students so that the readers can relate to what is included in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment