Thursday 13 January 2011

Flat Plans

These flat plans are used to help and aid you to create your music magazine via a simplistic way to show how you would like your magazine layed out. I used a separate word documents to create all 3 flat plans. Then I have print screened them from the word document and saved it as a JPG so I am able to upload it to my blog. My flat plans are only a guidance and after our Preliminery Task of creating a College Magazine I have learnt and adapted to the fact that you may need to tweek a few things during the production stage for some reason or another e.g it may not be visually appealing or all fit correctly on the page.
Front Cover Flat Plan
This first flat plan is for my music magazine front cover. I made the piece look visually appealing by adding colour to it. I chose to do this not only to make it look visually appealing but too show a clear difference where what conventions of a magazine were going where.
Influenced by the MixMag front cover I wanted to keep my magazine front cover 'clutter' free and neat, tidy and clean. Hence why there are only a few cover lines, I also do not want my cover lines to overlap with my front cover image to the point where it will obstruct my model.
Contents Page Flat Plan
This is a flat plan for my contents page. I was influenced by the contents page on the left because i liked the idea of the photo taking up the whole page. It makes the page look full without having to be over crowded by text or lots of pictures.
I want a cover line to link with the image but I want this certain cover line away from the others so it is easily visible.
I also specified a cover line for my feature story which will be on my double page spread. When I come to make my contents page i will have my feature story a different colour, etc so it stands out from the other cover lines. All of my cover lines will contain a page number.

No comments:

Post a Comment