Friday 14 January 2011

Front Cover Construction

This is my first draft of my front cover this was taken roughly about 45 minutes into the lesson.  I had uploaded my photo into Photoshop and included my barcode, which I dragged from .
I also started work on my magazine logo. The font I used for my masthead was called 'elektrodisiac' because the font was so thin I layered 4 pieces of the same text near each other to 'bulk' up my magazine name and make it bolder.  So far the tools I had used were the text tool and the rounded rectangle tool.






This is my second draft this was taken about 1 hour and 30 minutes into the lesson. I completed my barcode by adding the issue month, price, website and issue number.
I also added my tagline 'Independent Identity' to my masthead. The font I used for this was called Gill Sans.
I also made a start on my cover lines I used a deep purple font colour because purple is part of my colour scheme, however the writing did not stand out very well so I added a white outer glow to make it stand out. I believe this effect has worked.




This is my third print screen of my front cover. This was taken half way into my second lesson on my front cover. I added a pull quote and another cover line. All of them are still in a purple coloured font because i wanted to continue my colour theme. The font I used on all my cover lines was called 'Thornburi'.  I also included a puff/plug in the bottom left hand corner.








For the last half of the lesson i wanted to improve my magazine. I moved the puff/plug too the top right hand side because it covered some of the gap that was there. This meant that I had room on my left third, so I added another tag line "New Found Musical Mysteries" and then spread my cover lines out.

No comments:

Post a Comment